POLYDEX, is a bacteriostatic algaecide for applications such as potable water sources, water treatment, and water distribution systems. It is designed to provide long-term protection from algae, bacteria and their toxins.
POLYDEX is the result of extensive research to develop an environmentally responsible mineral-based bacteriostatic algaecide. This innovative formula uses natural minerals to provide excellent control of algae, bacteria and mineral scaling in ponds, dugouts, lagoons, potable water storage tanks, and water distribution systems.
What is POLYDEX?
POLYDEX, a Canadian product, is a unique solution containing electrostatically charged natural mineral ions. These ions attract and bond to negatively charged organisms stopping the metabolism of bacteria, algae, and fungi. POLYDEX is a sensible alternative to synthetic compounds that negatively impact our environment. Equally as important, the minerals in POLYDEX are essential micronutrients for plants, livestock and humans.
What does POLYDEX do?
POLYDEX works! It controls micro-organisms while being user safe and environmentally responsible (i.e.: safe with fish and frogs). Performance is guaranteed when used according to the directions.
POLYDEX is most cost-effective when used to protect water from algae and bacteria, i.e: “an ounce of protection is worth a pound of cure”.
POLYDEX is self mixing and does not evaporate or lose efficacy due to instability. The biological efficacy of POLYDEX remains to provide residual protection for extended periods. POLYDEX is consumed only in the process of killing target microorganisms in treated water. Unlike chlorine and other popular oxidants, POLYDEX is NOT affected by UV rays.
Unlike copper sulphate, POLYDEX does not precipitate or stratify. POLYDEX stays evenly dispersed in water over a longer period providing continuous protection from micro-organisms when proper concentrations are maintained. POLYDEX uses the most biologically active species of copper – but in minute quantities, to achieve cost-effective results from very low application rates. Typically copper sulphate is effective only within a few days of its application and chelated copper products may be effective for up to 14 days whereas POLYDEX remains bio-available until assimilated by a microorganism providing on-going protection to the water.
Applications include dugouts, reservoirs, lakes, and potable water tanks
Instructions: Consult with us as the instructions vary as per application.
A pond containing algae before and after the use of POLYDEX